Originally Posted by roundoak
Have you tried Seafire's load of 40 grains IMR 3031? It has been shown to turn lousy shooters into accurate ones. PM him and get the scoop. Don't believe Cactus Jack would have kept a 7x57 around if it was not accurate. Surely, Eleanor would not have put up with a lousy shooter that killed the amount of game she did.

I haven't tried it but I'm going to when I can get my hands on a pound of it. Right now I have some 160-gr Match Kings loaded up in front of IMR4350 just to see how they do. The rifle in question is a M70 Featherweight - not the Ingwe Special - that shoots 175s into less than an inch, but that's not the bullet I want to use in this particular rifle (I have others for those). I'd rather use a lighter bullet in this rifle, but it scatters 140 and 150 grain Partitions, as well as 154-grain InterLocks. But if it'll shoot the 160s I'll be fine with that since I have a bunch of 160-gr Partitions, Hot-Cors, and Grand Slams.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown