Mike, have you tried working with Re17 yet? I get excellent accuracy and some really great velocity with the 150 gr. Nosler Partition. I'm talkin' .50 to .75" groups and 2800 FPS+ for velocity. The same load does MOA and about 2760 FPS from a Ruger #1A. The only rifle I'm still having trouble with is the custom Mauser that has an extremely tight chamber.

I'll be doing some work with the Mauser once my doctor clears me for shooting. I have fired a single shot this year thanks to an accident in my truck where my chest got banged up a bit. I see him again next month and I'm gonna push it. I'll go shoot after that whether he OKs it or not.

The plan is to run some factory ammo from the M70 and the Mauser over the chronograph to see the actual difference. I did do a short run with what few 175 gr. Hornady RNs I had left, loaded to duplicate the original 1892/3 load. The Mauser ran roughly 150 FPS faster at 2450 FPS vs he 2320 FPS average between the M70 and Ruger #1. Still trying to figure that one out.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE