Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
Would you trust your fate to a jury in this circumstance? I wouldn't, as the situation could be interrupted different ways. A halfass lawyer could easily paint the picture that they were under no real threat at the moment. Personally, I wouldn't feel threatened armed with any of MY ARs, and the crowd passing by 30 yards from the house on my lawn. Had they moved closer, different story, and that is my point. Again, I don't think they were morally wrong, but legally wrong is another thing.

You wouldn't have felt threatened by a pissed off mob a hundred feet from your front door a month ago? I would think it would be pretty easy to show the threat was very real.

Put yourselves in the shoes of Attorney McBoomer. You're lounging around in your pink polo shirt and white Dockers, sipping a glass of Chablis in your big-azzed McMansion and watching Portland, New York, and D.C. burn to the ground. All of a sudden the gates to Snootyville Acres are torn down and a fugging mob is a hundred feet from your front lawn jockeys. You really don't think it was reasonable for the couple to fear for their lives or feel their home was threatened?

Its not that I dont, its that a jury of my supposed "peers" might not. I'm a bit embarrassed to post my county's demographics, but a quick glance at SC's demo map should give you an idea. And no, I personally wouldn't feel threatened if they were truly passing by, as it would be a massacre if I opened fire with an AR. Like I said, had they come up on my porch, different story.