Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The dead guy, an Air Force Veteran, was pushing his quadruple amputee Black fiancé around in a wheelchair in the crowd. Seems they’ve been a couple since high school.

A tragic loss for the woman.

I suppose proponents of the dead guy would say he was protecting her when the car arrived, but there’s that photo of him jammed in with the crowd pointing his AK over the hood of the car.

Truth is stranger than reality.

And proof that serving in the Military does make you immune to insanity.

The second to the last sentence describes the last 4 months perfectly.
I truly don't think the United States will exist in two to three years, at least not in the form we've all known.

I think this probably the reverse of how the folks living in the USSR felt just before the wall came down. The excitement of the dream of freedom and leaving behind the misery of totalitarianism. We're feeling the dread of the coming totalitarianism, and realizing were about to lose our freedom. The amount of weapons and ammunition flooding into society is a pretty good indicator of where we're at. Both sides arming for war. We're about to see bloodshed like we haven't seen since the civil war if something doesn't give. Biden wins and the Dems take the senate, first thing they do is go after the guns. If they do, the history books will open up once again to record the events.

I imagine it's like the Romans, with the barbarians at the gates.