Pappy348: Thanks for the comeback and the info.
I wish I had been along on that Hunt with you all - just to watch and see something different.
Your mentioning the 22/250 vs 220 Swift accuracy is something I have contemplated about for nearly 50 years now!
I own numerous heavy barrel factory Rifles by Remington (both Model 700's and 40-X's) and Ruger in both 22-250 Remington and 220 Swift and over those decades I have done some accuracy comparisons of my own using top quality Varmint bullets.
To tell the truth I have been very impressed with the accuracy produced by my many Swift Rifles.
Used to be folks derided the Swifts accuracy (potential accuracy!) because of its case design - I didn't know for sure myself but again when I began doing side by side comparisons of my Remington 40X's in both calibers, my heavy barrel Remington 700's in both calibers and my Ruger 77's in both calibers, I concluded accuracy in both was comparable and very impressive.
Let it be said though that when I get load development done (finding a pleasingly accurate load!) with a particular Rifle, I do not do much "paper punching" at all after that - especially with these higher intensity (prone to barrel wear) cartridges.
Indeed I take care to have in store much 220 Swift brass.
Long live the 220 Swift.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy