Mikah416Rigby and Jorge1,
Not interested in taking this over the top,but for the record,I'm not much given to inventing stuff or going out of my way to put an undue spin on what I add to this sight or anything else.
I would guess that Bowhunr verifies the connection to the Hathaway Shirt Company.As far as the Evans is concerned,I knew of the family connections,and also some connection to Paterson Rod and Gun and it's opperators.You will note that I made no specific claim to it's previous ownership.Certainly the Salvatos never indicated a pedigree for that rifle.
However knowing of that connection,and the fact that when I was holding the rifle in my hands I was standing only 2-300 yds. from the Hathaway Outlet Store was quite an experience.If I could have figured out a way to swing the necessary lucre,I would have purchased that particular rifle with or without provenance leading back to PHC.It was the only Evans in any caliber I have ever seen,let alone shouldered and squeezed a trigger on.If I remember correctly,it was late 1996 or early 1997 and the asking price was $7800.00.It was on display there for several months after the new ownership took over the business and I visited it two or three times at least,until the business was moved again.