Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
This comes up every year or so. Here is a copy of the eulogy written by Tink Nathan (of Tinks 69 fame). I'm sure many of you have seen it but for those who have not, enjoy.

Mike

As I Remember Capstick
By Tink Nathan

Peter was a giant of a man, with a heart as big as Africa, yet strong and straight as a new arrow. A man who turned his back on fortune, the family Hathaway shirt business, and went of into the jungles of Viet Nam to fight in freedoms name as a green beret officer, an American special forces soldier, and to Africa to fulfill a child�

Tink Nathan, Professional Hunter, Outfitter
9930 Hughes Ave.
Laurel, MD 20723-1744
Telephone 301-369-3096
E-mail tinkbowhuntingsafaris.com

Tink, I have read most of Capsticks books and articles going back to the time he says he guided in South America and don't ever rememberi him mentioning his being a Green Beret officer in Vietnam ? As a Vietnam vet I am interested in hearing his stories on that part of his life.
You knew him during that time, what can you share with us? Where and when did he serve ?

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.