Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Here in New Jersey we have a bear problem. Leftist governors stopped the bear hunt for 30+ years, and we now have more bears per square mile than anywhere else. A few years ago there was a bear sighting in a park. Hikers came out of the woods and warned another hiker not to go in. He did, and the bear killed him. I just got an email from a buddy living in that same town saying that a man went for a walk leaving his garage door open. A bear went into the garage, probably smelling garbage. The homeowner returned and got mauled by the bear.

A friend of mine shot and killed a black bear during the archery season three years ago. It dressed out at 679.5 lbs. That was less than five miles from where I sit. I live about 20 miles from NYC.

Start sending them over the bridge....

Believe that was the incident in West Milford, NJ. An 82 year old man walked in his garage and was attacked by a black bear that was trying to open his refrigerator. 30 stitches. The bear was believed to have been the one that invaded a few other houses in previous weeks and was found and euthanized. Prime bear territory.
An 813 lb. male black bear taken in Monroe County (just across the Delaware River from NJ) was the largest taken during the 2019 PA season.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson