Originally Posted by 450Fuller
The Wyoming fatality was last year. Montana fatal mauling -2018. I monitor these incidents and was in Glacier -talked to the
Park Director. In Calgary, BC the North American PhD. who is on the Inter-Agency Bear Committee for the
InterMtn area is Dr. Stephen Herrero. He wrote the book - Bear Attacks-Their Causes and Avoidance.

Books are fine but he also has spent a lot of time in the bush.

I prefer a heavy revolver because the action forces the shooter to
take careful aim-no guarantee of repeat shots. IF a handgun must be carried. Rifle is much better.

A good lever action Winchester or Marlin in 45-70, 348, or 450 AK
is the way to travel IMHO. They are much faster to get into action
than a bolt rifle-and they can deliver faster repeat shots.
A grizzly is a very fast animal-they can catch a quarter horse inside of 100 yards.
Best to carry something heavy and fast.

Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Herrero ever had a clue he was playing a board game and was just past a toddler!

The antipathy I feel for that POS is without measure. He had an agenda and ran with it as only a clueless POS can.

You are dead wrong on your numbers, incidents, chronology, and every other aspect of bears in the intermountain West.

But, please do regale us with your cluelessness by adding makes and models usually found leaning against a tree at attack sites...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.