I don't know much about 300 Win Mag, but I do know that it can contribute to alcoholism. Years ago, I had a co-worker I'd not met before come up from Georgia. It turned out we were both deer hunters. I had recently nailed a couple of really nice bucks. He'd recently bought a new 300 Win Mag for hunting at his club. We had plenty to talk about.

The one thing I found odd was his assertion that 300 Win Mag had become necessary for the swamps. He was shooting them at such close ranges, he'd had to by the 300 Win Mag to successfully drop them, otherwise, he'd lose them in the swamp. I tried to question the idea, but. . . well, I wasn't going to be impolite.

Later, his boss and I were talking. He asked me what I thought of him. I replied that he seemed competent and nice and it had been good to fellow deer hunter. My boss laughed.

"He hasn't shot a deer in years," he replied. "He bought that 300 Win Mag of his a while back and it kicked too hard for him, so he now just sits around the clubhouse and drinks. He's still on his first box of ammunition with it."

So my admonition to y'all is that 300 Win Mag may contribute to excessive drinking. Just saying.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer