And more than a few others also.

I was only making the observation that for myself short barrels don’t point as well and the hands initiate the mount or point. The core may or may not do all that much, depending on what the target is doing.

When it comes to SxS or O/U field shotguns, if the barrels are going to be long, then they best be lean also. They most often come out of places like Scotland, Germany and England and unfortunately cost more than a new Landcruiser. Even the good Spanish examples cost more than most are willing to give.

Very few American made double guns make the cut and very few Americans have the opportunity to handle shotguns that do. Thus long to them becomes the pig on a shovel and they move to shorter.

A shotgun shooting acquaintance says, “A swordsman chooses his sword from experience and with care.”

And to quote Stick, “Spent primers are the ultimate tutorial.” Most come up short on experience..

Old friend carried his Rem 1100 12 gauge last year Pheasant hunting and then picked up my Ithaca 37 28 gauge and the light came on. I just set him up with a A400 20 gauge and he is "Smiling like the butcher's Dog." (To quote Mike Lang)

Addition: I also saw Duffy take a short barreled 20 gauge NID he just won, and up at a place you are familiar with, and quickly tune himself into consistently breaking 40 yard crossers. Spent primers?????

Last edited by battue; 08/11/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler