Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Whole lot of “I’s” in that post. Proud of yourself? It’s funny that you say people are acting like 2” are 2’ when you’re the one going off the deep end about how much of a difference those 2” will make in performance.

Those 2” won’t matter in the big picture. The OP will shoot either just fine. But, the fact that you’re holding on to something as irrefutable as a shorter weapon is more maneuverable in thick brush does more to show how proud you are of your own opinion and how important it is to you to be “right” about something than how willing you are to admit something like a simple fact that a shorter item is easier to manipulate in tighter quarters. It’s not really a question of your experience, it’s a question of geometry and you can’t argue it. I wonder why modern war fighting weaponry has moved to shorter (read: more maneuverable) platforms? Wait, no I don’t. They’re easier to manipulate in tight quarters.

But I get it, trap ranges and sporting clays facilities are full of folks like you. The guy who will go blue in the face defending the logic behind owning what he owns rather than admitting it isn’t perfect in every way and some other options might come with better performance in certain areas.

Fortunately, I learned at a very young age that people who so adamantly defend their own decisions are usually incapable of considering alternatives, anyways, and to take their vigor with a grain of salt and move on. If you honestly think 2” on the skinny end of a dedicated autoloading duck gun is in any way stacking the odds in the favor of (or against) the every day waterfowler, perhaps all of those shells you claim to have fired have shaken a few screws loose.

What is funny is that I have seen a lot of guys struggle with short barrels and lengthening them has almost always helped with both their swing and sight picture. Those very few that didn't were always mounting issues. This has zero to do with sporting clays or Trap. The fact is 28" over a 26" is never a handicap. Except for you getting it in your case. Well done!!!!!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.