I've had many 300 wsms that have shot incredibly well. I think its an inherently accurate cartridge. I have one on a stiller predator with a 24" interrupted fluted #4 brux that has gone on most of my hunts the last 8 or 9 years. It shoots incredibly well with many different bullets.

However, some of the case design elements that may make it shoot so well also make it feed like crap. I finally had to go single stack watts for a 284 and modify and tune it myself. Feeds great now but its only 2 down.

It is really hard to beat a 30-06 for feed function and practicality. When I set out to build my do anything anywhere traveling rifle 10 years ago I went with a 30-06 and a serengeti reamer on a trued stainless 700. I messed with that for years and even replaced the 10 twist brux with a rock 9.3 twist and it never shot that great. In the end I think it was a problem with the truing of the action.

It was frustrating as hell because I loved the balance and functioning of that rifle. It felt right and functioned perfectly with plenty of room in the mag box and 5 down. I killed an elk with it past 400 but it never shot great.

I ended up buying a stainless Tikka t3 just to check my loads. I shot them side by side same loads with several different bullets one day and the Tikka shot every one of my loads under moa and 2 loads under 1/2 moa. The custom rifle barely broke moa with one load and was about 1.5 with the other.

I still hope to try it all again with a different action because I love the 30-06 for feed, function, availability, and flexibility. Now that I don't travel much anymore I'd be to tempted to make my next all around 30-06 an 8 twist 280. Until then I picked up a clean sako stainless 75 in 30-06 that shoots incredibly and proves the old 06 is capable. If it wasn't such a heavy beast with a Tupperware stock it would be my all around gun.

Bb