Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
The only bs here is you, you weren't there and don't have any firsthand knowledge of the shot and resulting damage yet you insist on knowing more about it than anyone else. You just keeping telling yourself how smart you are and you may come to believe it yet. Mb

You keep making this about me, Bob, yet like you keep saying, I wasn't there. You were there. Your rifle was there, your miss of the vitals was there, and your ability to shoot again, and claim the animal what there. I am only reacting to your writing of the experience, and calling out your faulty logic in claiming the cartridge caused the miss of the vitals. Your own description is what I used to make this critique, along with my own experiences with various projectiles out of a 223 on deer, and all of the rest of my hunting experiences as well. When vitals are successfully hit using proper aim, "weak" cartridges and "fragile" bullets kill just fine. I have never seen a single example to the contrary. I have seen bullets do some wonky things, but follow-up shots proved again that well-placed hits kill quickly.

That you blamed a cartridge because you missed the vitals is very telling. I will keep saying that as long as you want to argue that a cartridge has anything to do with a successful hunt.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.