Originally Posted by GSPfan
My version of an English stalking rifle is marked 275 Rigby just for the panache of it. LOL

Many minds are thinking alike here. I am building a 1903 Springfield along the lines of a classic Griffin & Howe sporter and plan to mark the barrel ".275 Rigby" too. I also scored a bunch of Hornady brass head-stamped .275 Rigby to complete the package.

John,
I have yet to read your article but look forward to doing so. I'm not a SA subscriber so I am keeping my eyes out on the newsstands for a copy. I shan't comment until having read it! But I saw the allusion above to the Burris FF II 3x9 Ballistic Plex that you're apparently using on some of your rifles. I find these scopes excellent and bought 5 of them when they were closing out at $120 wholesale. Only mounted 2 so far...
I loaned one of those rifles (a .243) to a gent who needed to put down his muzzleloader to make a stalk on a distant coyote, and when he handed it back to me he said "Man, I LOVE that scope - it's amazingly bright and clear!" This fella can afford any scope he wants but he had me get him on of those Burris. I reckon that's part of the "practicality" I can look forward to reading about!

Cheers,
Rex