John;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and you're keeping a tad less smoky than we are here.

If I'm recalling correctly your good wife wouldn't like the smoke much - not that anyone does really I suppose.

My copy finally made it into southern BC as well and as mentioned by others I enjoyed both the shooting bench write up and the panache vs practicality.

The results from the shooting bench with regards to it's accuracy are interesting for sure to me and would be interested in any further thoughts you have on it. There's always something to learn in this game somehow.

As well in the panache article I'm now officially envious of you with the .260 and it's 1:8 twist!. When I had my last 6.5x55 done, I couldn't find Creedmoor brass - then - and the smith didn't have a .260 reamer but did have a 6.5x55, so that's what we did.

Lastly, that gorgeous little Merkel of yours somehow "does it" for me, though I've got to say that GW's full wood in the same model might "do it more" but then my Teutonic ancestry likely has something to do with my love of Stutzen stocks and Schnabel fore ends too... blush

Oh - last, last - thanks again for the chronograph advice, I very much appreciate it. The new one showed up today even though Canada Post wasn't supposed to be delivering because of the smoke. I had to try it on a couple pellet rifles, figuring if it reads pellets it'll be good to go on most other stuff.

All the best to you all this season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"