Originally Posted by riverdog
Just came over Willow Creek Pass on Colorado state highway 125, between Walden and Granby. It was raining in Walden but the pass had slush, then dropping temp and 3 inches of snow on top. Got stopped by some poor bastages pullling a pop up camper trailer with a 2wd truck with all season tires. No chains. They jack-knifed and blocked the highway. Unhooked the trailer but they still couldn’t go forward or backward. Pushed the trailer to the side. This all happened in a narrow spot and we are lucky that the logging trucks were done for the day. Thought we could pull Them with my 4wd GMC but couldn’t pull up and I sure as hell wasn’t going to pull down with them above me...afraid they would toboggan right into me. My chains were way too big for their tires and I really didn’t want to part with them anyway. And of course no cell service or Onstar. Another guy with a nice new 4wd F250 came along, had the right size ball to pull their trailer, so was going to try to pull the camper to a wide spot where they could camp for the night, but they said they were unprepared, no warm clothes etc. Once I got down into cell service I called this in to the Jackson County sheriff who sent a deputy up to check, but not sure a tow driver can be found etc. Moral of the story I guess is to confirm everything already said above. This all happened on a nice paved and maintained state highway, but in this area there is now plowing after 5 pm.

Friggin' yuppies..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.