Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
4TH Point. The jack works very well in that application, however I have flat out never seen an elk hunter head into the woods with a purpose built Jeep. Rock crawling, yes; hunting no. I'm sure it's happened, but I've never seen it and that's over a 24 year period. The OP was talking about a later model pickup. The hooks in the hilift rim/wheel strap don't work with most aluminum wheels, so it's not even an option on newer trucks.

I wouldn't claim that the wheel attachment works on all aluminum wheels, but I have used it on factory Super Duty, GMC 3/4-ton, and Tundra wheels among others. I'm sure that there are wheels that are not compatible, but it isn't hard to make your own attachment or adapter if so inclined.

That said, I still prefer lifting from the receiver and pushing the truck to one side or another if that is an option. Or simply lifting the rear tires off the ground and putting wood or rocks underneath. Even with the suspension droop, I've not had a problem doing it on a factory vehicle. That has worked for the vast majority of times that I, or others, have gotten stuck.

I do see custom Jeeps and Truggys out hunting, but that wasn't the point of that image above. Another from Hi-Lift:

[Linked Image from 2r572y21vf2s1oltxh158y45-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com]

Last edited by 4th_point; 09/18/20.