Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Agree on the design, but I honestly never saw what made them worth such a premium over a Ruger Hawkeye.
They had the Model 70-style trigger and, until Ruger began offering short action 77 Hawkeyes in left-handed, they were about the only game in town for a "reasonably priced" left-handed short action CRF action/rifle.

They were better at supplying gunsmith-ready actions than they were at making rifles.
I'm a big fan of the M70 Trigger, but the LC6 triggers on two of my Hawkeyes were (are) perfectly usable, and just as dependable, I believe. I know how to get them even lighter, but haven't felt the need on my remaining one. The Predator two-stage trigger is very nice, the reason my son picked that rifle from several choices he had available.

Hard to argue about the draw for leftys!
I never stated the LC6 trigger was better or worse than the Model 70's, but the Model 70 trigger is a clean, simple design without an abundance of moving parts that often only requires an adjustment to meet the user's needs, while the LC6 takes a little more finesse.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.