Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
...They got the new action to market and said over and over and over and over and over - "this action is supplied in the rough to keep costs down, your gunsmith will have to do the final finishing". Did I mention that they said this to everyone who would listen? And that they said it to those listening over and over and over and over and over?

People, being idiots people, got the actions and were completely surprised and dismayed when it arrived in the rough so that their gunsmith had to do the final finishing. "Hey, this action is rough! WTF!? I expected something I could just attach a barrel and a stock to and show off to my friends!!"

The two I owned were built entirely by MRC in the middle of this decade and the actions were extremely smooth and non-binding - not Tikka smooth but smoother than most of the Model 70's I've owned over the last 23 years and way smoother than any Ruger 77. And I like Model 70's and Ruger 77's so not saying that just to diss them.

The glass bedding from the factory was clean and neatly done, far cleaner than about 75% of the bedding work I've seen done by folks calling themselves gunsmiths. Triggers were clean and like the original M70 could be adjusted down to a great hunting rifle pull weight. Actions as noted were very smooth to operate and non-binding.

Their downfall IMO wasn't lack of build quality but the inability of management and their employees to take a start up company into the big time, they literally couldn't manage it.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!