I don't know, the x2 25-06 I have is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. Granted, I am not a great marksman, but I notice the difference. Works well, it is a little heavy, but well balanced (at least to my taste). I don't know what all of their business issues were, but I do know that anyone in any business who tries to play in the "middle ground" has a tough road ahead. Most consumers buy at the bottom with a disposable mindset. Others buy at the top with an "I want the best" mindset. They may have been better off spending a bit more time (=money) on making sure everything was right with their rifles and beefed up the CS department. Spend a few dollars on finer finish. Double the price of the rifle. Look how many "semi-custom" 700 clones are being produced and marketed as the greatest thing ever in the 2500-4000 price range. If it wasn't worth it for Barrett to continue producing the fieldcraft, which could essentially be propped up by their mainline business, imagine how challenging it is for smaller outfits to stay afloat selling sub $2k hunting rifles exclusively. Anyway, sorry they folded, as a business owner I would not wish that on my own competition. Some good deals on MRC's out there right now...