I bought an X2 in 7mm08 years ago. My initial impression was it was a pound too heavy and the safety was very stiff to operate. Cycled really good, was very accurate fit and finish was good. I had the barrel cut back at the factory when I ordered it so it came to me with a 22 vs a 24 barrel. I scoped it with a swaro 3-10 x 42 and hunted with it a few times. At about that time I bought another hunting rifle I really liked so I used that rifle as my primary and hauled the MRC along with me as a spare. This past year I decided to use the MRC in AL where I hunt from a climber stand. The more I used it the more I liked it. Shorter barrel made it slightly more handy and that extra pound helped me stay steady on the rest if the stand. It rains a lot and AL is a muddy mess and red clay gets on everything. It was nice to just wipe the rifle down at the end of the day. Just a really nice rifle to use. Two years ago I would have entered it in the “rifles I wish I hadn't bought contest” but after using it I am happy with it. However they had just too many quality control issues for the price and time it took to get one.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.