I bought a X2 years ago in 7mm08. Had the factory shorten the barrel to 22 from 24. Its a accurate rifle with the few different factory loads I tried.
The safety is more stiff than I would like but useable. They told me to send it back but I didn't care to at the time and thought maybe it would loosen up with use. It did some. Its heavier than I expected by about a half pound or better. Handles pretty good but the forearm is a bit large for me. Wrist grip is just right for me.

I bought thru a buddy in the gun business who sold quite a few. There was a lot Negative feedback thru those buyers concerning feeding issues as the stiff safety issue. But I don't remember him getting any complaints about accuracy.

In my humble opinion it was a poorly executed attempt of a good idea. Most of the issues should have been caught at the factory. Especially since the wait times where long. Guys don't like to order a rifle for that kind of jack and be disappointed on simple qc issues let alone After a long wait.

Its never the good guns that sink a reputation its the bad ones that get put out with qc issues.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.