WOW cant believe how this thread exploded so fast !!!!!!!!!! lots of differing opinions.

Many years ago I got a screaming deal on a top of the line Pentax Bino, at the time they used Asahi glass that was considered top notch in my industry.

A friend took me out coyote hunting for the first time...........he whispered there is a coyote coming in.......where ???? where ????? where ??????
he handed me his Swaro 10X42 SLC's as I put my Pentax on the ground, I instantly saw the coyote picked up my rifle and was hooked for life !!!!!!

IMO buy the ALPHA bino's and spotting scope, you only NEED 1 or 2 binos (I have 4) and only need 1 spotting scope. so buy the best.....

don't have an exact number but I have 25-30 rifles and no way am I putting ALPHA on all of them it is not needed. my favorite mid priced scope Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14X40 with 30mm tube and side focus, yes the VX5 with firedot is nicer but more money.

I made a huge mistake a couple years ago and had Leupold put a target cross hair in one of my hunting scopes, it is completely unuseable for hunting as you can NEVER see it unless shooting at a white target, and now Leupold's custom shop is closed so it is a safe queen