Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by mathman
Yes, the performance increase per dollar curve flattens out considerably once you get to the MeoPro level.

Part of what has me asking this question is that I am considering treating myself to a higher dollar scope. I have a highly practical side that I am doing battle with.

I fought that argument over and over in my mind until I made the plunge and bit the bullet and bought me a very good Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x56. It's a ridiculously clear scope but not much difference in practice than my Nikons. I have since bought 4 VX-3i 3.5-10X40s which contrary to what is said on here are very clear. And yes, they are a bit of a pain in the ass to site in because they don't track like some are claimed to but once sited in they hold their zero. I don't know of another scope even close in price that is as bright and light weight as these are. And they do what I want them to. End of story.

Last edited by Filaman; 09/27/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!