Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Mazto balls? Love um.

And Kreplach! It's like a won ton mixed with a ravioli, with a sauteed beef and onion filling. In soup with horseradish, it's the type of thing that makes one a believer. In something.

Are them Kreplach anything like pelmeni or manti? Or larger?

Horseradish in chicken soup? Prepared or fresh grated. I've got some to dig soon, another thing to enjoy on a cold day.

It's probably closest to the size of a pelmeni, but everyone makes them differently. Mine tend to be about twice that size, just because I am impatient and can't deal with the time needed to get everything uniform. They taste great but look like a monkey with ADHD made them. The horseradish for the soup is really simple-just grated very finely, mixed with a bit of salt, water and white vinegar and that's it. To the newcomers, the punch of that simple horseradish preparation will blow the tops of their heads.

Well, I'm going to have to do the horseradish trick to some turkey soup this fall/winter. Or maybe chicken soup the next time I make it.

My horseradish plants are showing signs of starting to die back. Time to dig some.

Do you need any homegrown horseradish? My wife hates it and I'll have way more than I need for my own personal use. I can easily send you some roots.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?