This is why I believe that training in multiple scenareos
is most helpful.

Camper have you trained to shoot through a
windshield with proficiency?
btw- massad Ayoob says to carry enough safety
glasses and distribute to every occupant...does
any ordinary civilian outside of Ayoob realistically
have such a plan in place ?

It's only coincidental that someone else mentioned MA earlier. Didn't I refer to him in a thread a while back as a resource for case law abstracts concerning the subject at hand? He did also give his 2 cents on the mob scenario and some in car gear. I carry that gear for other flying projectiles like brush cutter debris. I can't think of situations where I would need to shoot a threat through a windshield when I'm sitting in a far more powerful weapon.( Perhaps if facing a crowd and one guy aims at me from the front.)
If you want info on windshield shots, there are YouTube channels with those tests that are better than Ayoob's lecture.

To explain what I said, "what if you are caught off
guard...
This is why I believe that training in multiple scenareos
is most helpful. "

I kept track of police reports for violent crimes in a nearby city. I did a study of demographics, circumstances, weapons, number of violent offenders, proximity, etc....
I trained my students accordingly, focussing on the majors.

Additionally, there were episodes of violent crimes that were never reported that I was aware of.

One Example:.

There was the local MMA/BrazilianJiuJitsu/Kick Boxing champ that was assaulted near my school. He was top of his game in our region. A black male pedestrian asked for directions at the MMA guys driver's side window. While distracted, there was another guy who entered the passengers side and stole the MMA champ's wallet. They got away uninjured and were never arrested. Mr. MMA's face looked worse than the end of any match. He had a medical bill. It's a good thing for him that they weren't armed. In addition, a rifle would have been difficult to access in that case. It's usually difficult to access any weapon other than the ones you are born with when caught off guard and pummeled.

Takeaway. I care less about what a man does in the ring or cage. I'm into saving lives. I set my students in the same exact scenario and one at a time, had them role play. They had to deal with the attack before training, Then after. They had to do umpteen reps until every one of them had many variations on the theme AND the least of them could walk away unharmed.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/26/20.