Personally I like a larger capacity gun. I wear 2x gloves because 3x are hard to find. I like a frame that allows me to wrap my pinky around it and have never wished that I had less bullets. When you see footage of real life shooting it’s shocking how many shooters even those with a fair amount of practice miss “can’t miss shots.” Take buck fever and amplify it by a hundred with someone else’s gun going of at bayonet range pointed near your face while he try’s to blow your brains out. Maybe just blew your spouses brains out. In real life horrible situations that you hate to imagine I’m not going to assume that I’m going to be be mowing down bad guys without a miss.

I also want to be able to put down suppressive fire in the unlikely but real event that I need it. In some of the mob attacks we’ve seen guys with AR’s and AK’s and at minimum double stack magazine Glock’s and such I don’t recall seeing any revolvers or single stack pistols. So why start at an ammo disadvantage if I don’t have to.
The other thin I haven’t seen mentioned is If I have 15-20 rounds its going to allow me to force him to duck for cover even if I’m unable to get him square in my sight right away as I run or move to cover also. If you have a guy blasting at you. Your going to want to return fire while maneuvering in order to limit his tactical advantage so that he isn’t just standing there teeing off on you. If you’re returning fire on the move while he’s also on the move and your adrenaline is surging it’s going to be really easy to burn through 6-8 shots in my opinion.