Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Thanks Remsen for a look inside your world

but, no high heels, suspendie and bras? wink

Dammit, Jim, we're Jews, not lumberjacks!

OK that was hilarious cool

Yes, it is.

And he certainly got me good with that one.

Hey Remsen,

no purple yarmulkes?

Would that be allowed?

Of course! My current temple doesn't care what you're wearing, either clothing-wise or religious garment-wise, as long as you are there and participating.

The temple I went to before this one, which was in SF (my parents belonged and they didn't realize how left wing it had become), actually had a relatively strict dress code. They are a reform (i.e., SJW) temple and had a lesbian rabbi who turned everything into politics. Everything coming from the pulpit was bashing the right and celebrating the left (and Obama). So before the 2012 election, I bought two yarmulkes for me and my brother...Romney/Ryan ones. We got seats right up front and sat together, and it so angered everyone behind us that they complained to the Rabbi who asked us to take them off or leave. We did neither and told her to mind her own business and stop playing politics with religion. From that point on, they banned political yarmulkes, but only enforced it against one party...

Of course, after the election, when I saw how much of a traitor Romney/Ryan were, we burned the yarmulkes, but I know that pretty much every temple in the SF area (other than the orthodox ones) would boot you for wearing anything that they saw as contrary to leftism. Whether or not that's purple, I have yet to discover. But given the way that the reform side has abandoned religion in favor of social justice crap, I wouldn't be surprised if they banned all yarmulkes for being a sign of white supremacy, colonization, racism, homophobia and all that other stuff, and required all congregants to dress as Chinese Bedouin Muslims.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.