Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
The rich man / poor man line don't wash. I promise, a pair of slacks, dress shirt, sports jacket, and shoes cost much less than Levi's, a western shirt and a pair of boots!

No one knows how to dress properly for an occasion anymore. How many of you know the difference between sports wear, casual, business casual, business suit, formal, black tie, and white tie? BTW my last tux came in under $300.

God doesn't judge you by your dress. But educated people with any class will. Most importantly, your dress effects your behavior, attitude, and mannerisms. Not to mention the impression you make. Dress like a bum and people assume you behave like a bum.

I would not wear a tux to a rodeo nor will I wear jeans to a formal banquet. When I attend an historical reenactment I dress properly for the time period. Over dressing for an occasion is a much a breech in etiquette as under dressing. If you don't want to remain in the lower class of people learn to dress properly. Or don't. Your choice. A working man can afford to dress properly. If he cares to.

Anyone remember Nurse Kat's position on how to dress from years gone by?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.