Well JG, all I can say is US hunters are going to and getting into Namibia, Zambia, Tanzania and Zimbabwe now for a few weeks. Are there a few extra hurdles to the trip, yes but they are going. If you mean many may be "choosing" not to go, could be.

See on a number of other forums, there are a lot of guys booking for next year due to some good discounted hunts and from what I understand, most are being offered some sort of "Covid" based out, be it the hunt rolling to a later date etc. There are at least two I am aware of that put serious commitments on those two sold elephants for next Apr. They were the same two that were "sold" just a few hours after Jaco and Gerhard won the tenders. Money was put down and boarders closed before the hunters could get there. Fortunately the govt rolled all the quotas over to 2021 and Gerhard and Jaco did the same with hunters.

As I mentioned in my original post, in the case of these small group hunts, I've already put enough money down to cover/lock in the trips and dates for 2021. I've also been pretty clear that no one need to make a financial commitment to any of these until boarders are open and air carrier options get sorted out. Some guys who are interested have to start making plans to set vacation dates for 2021 with their employers.

Edited to add: As of today, there are two "committed" hunters for the June trip and four committed to the Aug trip. Same folks who were committed to the Jun and Aug trips from this year. Add in the two guys seriously considering going - just not sure which trip and again, pending on boarder openings/flight resumptions.

On a side note, RSA opened its boarders effective 1 Oct and also dropped the Visa requirement for US based travelers. The Visa wasn't that big of a deal in the first place. Was free and just stamped in your passport when you entered. It will cut out the time just standing in the queue for the stamp. The same airlines are slowly ramping up ops meaning they will likely only be offering flts in/out just several days a week initially.

Virtually every country around Bots is open/opening, so unless things REALLY go in the toilet, I'm willing to bet Bots will be open and flts in/out in a few weeks.

Last edited by M3taco; 10/05/20. Reason: Additional Info