A little "weekend update":

June trip - we leave this Wed. Slight change in plans, will just be 3 of us going, the 4th has business hang-ups due to govt Covid related "stuff", but he is bumping to the Aug trip. Our kit is all sorted and ready for final packing. One more short practice session at the local range Sunday morning. Rifles were seriously cleaned after the last trip a couple of days ago. This trip is to just confirm final sight-in and foul the barrels. When done, they will only have a bore snake passed thru a time or two.

All the firearm paperwork is done. Airlines double checked/confirmed we have "traveling with firearms" logged in our reservations. Transit permits thru Doha (we're all flying Qatar Air in) are confirmed. Copies of RSA SAPS 520 firearm transit permits are done and ready, just incase something unforeseen happens and we have to claim and re-check rifles in Jberg either way.

I've organized a local private lab that does the RT-PCR test that is required to fly (note: vaccinations or antibody tests mean NOTHING) is scheduled for 8 am Tues morning and they guarantee results by the end of the same day. So, as of now, it looks like the trip is still "ON".

One other slight change of plan - since the 3rd guy going has been to Africa and Saas Post several times and doesn't need my help coming back, my wife and I are just cull hunting for 6-days then Gerhard has organized a 4x4 camper for us and we're going to "self drive" around Bots for 10-days and start exploring it like we've done in Namibia.

I'm not taking a computer, just smart phone. Will try to make an update or two while there and will do a better report when we get home the end of Jun.