Grew up in Polk co. 🤷ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸ My stepmom still has the 320 acre farm my dad built. We sold the last 100 acres of my grandpas farm 3-4 years ago, no house, got about $2500 per acre.

10 acre lots are generally referred to as gentlemen farmers, somebody just playin at farming 🤷ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸

10 acres seems small to me, the house my mom built in the country is on 5 acres. House is on the back of the lot still easily seen from the road & road noise easily heard.

You say you like the house, and that’s good I suppose. But I personally would choose a larger parcel w a house I wasn’t crazy about or no house at all. You could put in a septic & move a nice used 5th wheel trailer on it, live in it while you built a house or had one built. Eddie Lollar builds good houses. When finished sell the trailer. 40 acres would be minimum if I wanted seclusion. 20 acres if I just wanted to stretch out a bit.

Will say this, while in the midst of the Bible Belt, Bolivar & Polk co. have wonderful folks living there. I loved growing up there & miss my mom, but Alaska sunk her claws deep within me. Just my .02 🤷ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.