I really ask this because I can see maybe upgrading an optic or an accessory if needed but im in my late 40's and have been downsizing what I have because of excessive inventory and if there's something I want I will sell off two to get some thing different and I won't spend more than I sell off. Ive placed this on myself.

I think it came about because I've realized nearly anything I need done is easily done with my Ruger scout rifle and the 338RCM compact rifle, and classic leverguns. I dont really need more but yes I can understand an optic, a binos or something like that. But most of the time I think its an equipment arms race for many. Back when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's I dont remember peoples having much and used to see old winchester lever actions, old surplus bolt actions, and old Savage 99 rifles used by folks who had these items for decades or they were handed down generational. Today it seems different. I think some of it is internet caused and some is pushed by sporting journals and advertising. Anyway, I find the fact that some spend multi thousands annually on this is interesting.