Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

todays conservatives like limbaugh would have been rightly called communists 50 years ago with their 28 trillion dollar deficits anti racist crusades NSA homoland security TSA multi trillion dollar police / spying state trillions spent on wars for israel wide open borders for non whites only. limbaugh and all the others would have been to liberal to be allowed in the democrat party in the 50's

Might be time for you to jump into your time machine and go back to 1950s Mayberry with Andy and Barney. The world has moved on without you I'm afraid. You don't have to like it, but it's time to face up to it.

The 1950s are almost 3/4 of century ago. That would be about the same as my dad yearning for days of post Civil War Expansion in the West. You know what? My grandad used to talk like you. World wasn't worth a schidt anymore, nobody was conservative, Jews ruined everything. Of course, he was born before WW 1 and was bitching about these things back in the 1950s and 60s himself. Said that America had gone to pot then, during the great post WW 2 era of American expansion and economic and political dominance. He couldn't see the greatness that happening as America went from a 2nd rate power in his youth to the dominant Superpower in the world.

Want to know why I loved Reagan? Optimism! Reagan was convinced that America's greatest days were ahead, not behind. He was right, and Jimmy Carter was wrong. Just as Obama told us jobs were gone forever and 5-6% unemployment was the new normal. Trump not only told us the best was yet to come, economically he proved it. Only the China virus slowed it down.

Sorry, not buying into your pessimism. You have become another old timer yearning for the days of his youth.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo