We got the word yesterday that two groups of our extended family had to evacuate on a few minutes notice and may have lost their homes due to the East Troublesome fire. Still waiting on word on the homes and they may not know for days.

Is it inconvenient and discouraging to travel a couple days only to discover you can't hunt your area? Yes, but it is definitely a first-world problem. Twice I've had to abandon an elk hunt due to illness in the family back home. On another hunt we lost time because of mechanical failure. My brother, on multiple occasions, flew the bodies back from Canada when people died on hunting and fishing trips. Inconvenient stuff happens.

The closures are due to the Feds. CPW is, in MHO, being overly generous in providing a Preference Point in addition to a refund for those affected. How about a PP for those who, like me, have had an animal test positive for CWD? Or because the migration did not occur at the usual time? Or it snowed heavily? Or the moon was in the wrong phase?

Count your blessings, people.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 10/23/20. Reason: Capitalization

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.