A lot of people I know don’t really understand this but I know you guys will. When the pre-evac order came my wife was out of town so I got the llamas out to what I thought was a safe place, then loaded up photos, documents, etc, then The better guns, all into my camper truck along with a few clothes and some food (canned elk form last season!) And whiskey and Gun Gack III. The fire was moving slowly for a couple days. Fortunately a good friend arrived and helped me load more into our other truck and a utility trailer. Got the rest of the guns, our new Seek Outside tipi and 3 tipi stoves, spotting scope, binoculars, backpacks, boots, and about 10,000 rounds total of rifle and pistol ammo. Then reloading components: about 10,000 primers and similar numbers of bullets and a lot of brass. Also all the llama tack and various boots. Poor truck was sagging a little under the ammo load. Anyhoo, after the house burned some other friends were helping me unload, organize and store the stuff. People asked repeatedly “Why did you take all this stuff? Why not art, books, etc etc.?” Well, the answer is this stuff IS what is important and that the ammo and components cannot be replaced. Even with insurance money there is no ammo available.

Sad: after the house burned I remembered that there were about 1500 rounds of shotgun ammo that I forgot and an unopened bottle of Very Very Old Fitzgerald bottled in bond, 1962.