I think I get what HuntnShoot is saying, and not saying. I share his sentiments. Fighting the corruption won't be won by winning the Presidency, that was just tested. A 'revolution' has to come from the people. Not by force, because that is controversial and that momentum is easily simmered by the majority of people's distaste for violence. Rather, as the term 'revolution' implies, a movement that transcends across political identities. As HuntnShoot mentioned, both political parties are corrupted by the same monster. Two faces of the same coin. If Trump wasn't as egotistical he would have had a larger audience and could have been more successful. But he kept feeding his critics enough to keep the attention on him and not the underlying problem.

Attention must be directed to ways that most Americans agree on. I know, it's hard to even think of any. Topics of taxation, the environment, abortion, etc., are always presented in provocative ways. Ways that aren't too far out there so that one conservative can go along with, and a liberal will go crazy, and vice versa. In reality, there are sensible approaches to each of those issues that the vast majority of Americans can find common ground with. Just one example: the idea it's probably good to pick up our own trash. Extend that idea to larger scales, done. I can't tell you how many bleeding heart liberals I know personally who work in the oil development industry. There is no one who wants to prevent a spill more than the people who are actually involved in that industry. But you'll never hear that perspective on the news.

Anyways, here's hoping we can figure out some $[bleep] before the next election cycle comes around.