I made this video 2 summers ago when I was a vendor at this bowhunting show/shoot. I did so to shot how easy and little skill is required to be a marksman with a bolt slinger. This is not the tool of a bowhunter. Those that use a crossbow are not bowhunters. They are crossbow hunters .(very different)

Bowhunting is not for everybody. Not everybody can or wants to rise to the challenges of bowhunting so its good that crossbows exist for that sort want to bring as little of themselves to the task as possible. Some cant get it done with a bow and arrow and need the ease and advantage of a shoulder discharged bolt slinger that can be shot from a rest to find success. This is the weapon for that sort. As for me, I will stick with bowhunting. I have zero interest in being a crosser.

Some of these crossers might eventually go on to becoming bowhunters after testing the waters with a crossbow first. I get my most satisfaction from taking deer and bear with my homemade longbow and my homemade arrows and my homemade broadheads I made from old saw blades.

Last edited by sharp_things; 11/12/20.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,