Originally Posted by DigitalDan
How come peeps don't leave the good stuff on the ground at the range? You know, .44 Mag, .38-55, .30-30, .45-70, 7x57, .250 Savage? Stuff like that. I NEVER see any of that layin' around. -sniff-

One thing nice about living on the border with California, is I see a lot of that stuff laying around...

when I use to go down to So Cal, to visit my folks, had a friend from another site, who'd invite me out to his range, when he was going to go...not only do people not pick up their brass, the range people picked it up.. nice concrete ground instead of out of the dirt.. each time I'd go, I'd come home with several hundred rounds of 6.5 x 55, 7 x 57, 257 Roberts, and plnety of 308, that I neck down to 7/08 or 260 Rem....

those people would laugh at me for doing so... I didn't care... I'm from Oregon, they laugh at ya just for that.. so WTF.. why not..

They come up here also.. last week, I came home with 300 6.5 Creedmoor cases, just having a conversation with some guys visiting for CA.. they were out shooting some sort of bolt action Rambo looking set up... each having those $2500 Vortex scopes that power range was something like 4 to 27.... one of those Razor models..they had a 100 boxes of store bought ammo with them...

they thought I was a pretty good shot, as they started the conversation... they were shooting some of the gongs at 600 meters..
with their scopes set on 27 power... I was hitting the same gongs with mine set on 6 power...

But hey, I live here...I know already were to put the elevation knob...have had plenty of practice...

they just thought I was real good...I picked up their brass.. they thanked me for that.. as they loaded up in their Lexus 460 SUV, and left as the range was closing...

Not all Californians are bad folks...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez