I've been using the 30/06 here in Colorado for the past 40+ years. Killed everything on your list plus moose, bighorn sheep & mtn goat. When I reloaded I used a 180 grain Hornady interlock spire point. Before I reloaded I used 180 grain factory-----Winchester, Remington & Federal. They all work. I didn't see much difference in the hand loads vs the factory. My reloads were more accurate-----but they both killed elk. I've now settled on Winchester 180 grain Power Points factory ammo. This time of year there is a $5 box rebate on them. I get several boxes every year. I've got about 10 boxes in the gun cabinet.

I shot all 3 factory loads into wet phonebooks just to see. The Power Point was a perfect mushroom with 120 grain weight. The other 2 Remington & Federal had @ 100 grain----and they were not mushrooms. I stopped reloading after I killed my bighorn-----used them again on the mtn goat and them finished up the batch on my WY moose. To be honest factory loads would have worked just as well.

I just killed a nice pronghorn buck @ 325 yards this past October with 180 grain factory. Don't over think it. The big 3 has the 30/06 all figured out & at $10 a box after the rebate---Why reload?

Last edited by colorado bob; 11/18/20. Reason: spelling