I havent used the 30-06 only but a handful of times 30yrs ago so i jave no solid opinions. Since im introducing myself to the 30-06 again i plan on trying 200gr Partitions as my one load solution for game. I dont think i will be doing 600yd shooting on game but if presented 500yds with a good angle and conditions its possible but my intentions are to deliver a good deal of accuracy and penetrative power at moderate and close distances. The goal will be high percent success shots and when the Partitions become avaulable again i will try.

One thing i am going to work on besides just getting a rifle up and running with a load is bolt action familiarization of running the rifle properly and actually doing lots of practice manipulating and some shooting in the field and high angle field shooting. I live in an area where i have access to as much of this as i want. My goal is to just not be ready to take shots off of a rest position, prone, or seated, but i want to actually be quite proficient standing and hitting to 200yds in real field conditions and not static range. I really want to master this bolt action field rifle and it will be just a part of my one game load for everything. I feel this is perhaps more important than my particular load.