I guess it would depend on which 30-06 rifle I was shooting. Usually the 180 gr. Hornady over H4350 in a Remington M700 Classic. My custom Mauser has a barrel 24" in length but a slower than normal twist rate. Gun was built for running cast bullets originally thus the 1 in 12" twist. I never could get any decent accuracy from the gun with 180 gr. bullets and settled on the 165 gr. Accubond for that one, I'm giving thought to trying the 165 gr. Sierra HPBT and the Nosler Partition in that rifle as I seem to have a bunch of them on hand. I could try the 165 gr. Speer Hot Core as well but I'm saving them for a .308 rifle I have that won't shoot anything else.
I guess if I exclude that Mauser, probably the 180 gr. Hornady, or Nosler AB or PT would be what I would use for the 30-06. Hell! I used 180 gr. Sierras for years and they always worked just fine. Probably end up with whatever shot the best in a particular rifle.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE