Originally Posted by ar15a292f
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The parent cartridge of the 270 Winchester and the 30-06 Springfield is the 30-03. The case length for the 270 and the 30-03 is 2.54". The 30-06 was created by shortening the case length to 2.484 and dropping bullet weight from 220 grains down to 150 grains and raising the velocity from 2,300 fps to 2,700 fps.

Which was stolen from the Mauser family in German. Do a little Google work on the topic please.

Mauser even won a lawsuit over it.

But no compensation... World War I covered the tracks

Cash,
Why don't you try doing a little research on the topic. The original round that all of these cartridges came from is the Patrone 88, which was designed by the German Rifle testing commision, not Mauser and first used in the German Gewher 88 service rifle, which was not a Mauser design. The original cartridge had a base diameter of 12mm, or 0.473 inches. The cartridges that followed it, 7x57 Mauser, 7.65x53 Mauser, 30-03, 30-06, 270 Win, 9-57, 7x64, 9x57, 9.3x62 etc. all share the same 12mm base diameter, the length of the cartridge case and the diameter of the bullet were changed to make different cartridges.

As to what Mauser sued for, it was copying the design of the Mauser locking system and the Mauser stripper clips. The German government also tried to sue for the copying of the pointed sptizer bullet but I believe that US Ordinance was able to prove that they were indepently working on the concept.

Excellent...

Thank you so much for doing the legwork, it's excellent to be a lazy [bleep] like myself some days... now, go fetch me another beer b****

Cash,

You're welcome, there was no leg work involved, just posting some general knowledge I had on the subject. You may be a lazy mf'er, I don't know you so I'll have to take your word for it. I consider you a stupid mf'er, you can't help that you don't know what you don't know. The internet is full of idiots, you have lots of company bitch. I didn't know you drank beer, you come across as more of a white russian or cranberry & vodka type.

BTW... what is the parent case to .30-03?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.