I expected the 25-06 to really be popular but it just didn't happen. The 257 gets far more interest here on the 'Fire but I am sure the number of 25-06's out there far exceeds the number of 257 rifles. I have owned three 25-06 rifles 2 were Remington 700 BDL's and one was a custom Mauser. All shot MOA with a number of loads. I sold all three because for what I hunt the 270 offers a bit more overall. I have a 257 presently, a Ruger 77 that took a lot of fooling around with to get it to shoot MOA and that is with only a couple of bullets. I own three 270 rifles and all three easily shoot MOA with a number of different bullets. This said I found the 25-06 to be an excellent flat shooting deer rifle and a jackrabbit destroyer. But there are a number of less loud varmint guns on hand and the 25-06 didn't do anything on deer I couldn't do with a 270. So they went down the road. The 25-06 probably couldn't beat the 243/6MM as a combination deer/coyote round and being a long action round the rifles weighed just as much as your average 270 or 30-06. I'm thinking the market for combination deer/varmint rifles is getting smaller because we all have varmint rifles, deer rifles and rifles that can do both elk and deer. I would build another 257 before I would build a 25-06 though I still have dies for both.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]