Ran a Rem 700 25-06 back in the 70's with the 120 Sierra SPBT. Killed a smallish mule deer with a Texas heart shot which exited the chest. As a youngster, I moved on and sold the rifle. Didn't get my first 257 Roberts until about 10 yrs back when I was looking to build a super wood stocked custom rifle; caliber undecided, though I had a list of 1/2 dozen possible candidates. Talked to a gent on the East coast who had a Pre '64 M70 action for sale. He asked what it was for. Ended up selling me his recent acquisition he commissioned Glen Morovitz of South Dakota. A mis-communication in the LOP when placing the order is what caused the sale to me. It took a bit of experimentation but have figured out how to get it to shoot. It's a "fair weather" rifle; sunshine and snow but no rain! I've taken does and cows. My son and step son have both taken their first deer with it. It will be the last rifle I ever sell. In fact, it's going to my son when i'm gone.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Several years later I picked up a Kimber for more foul weather use. I really enjoy both rifles. Getting ready to run another reload series with our new Barnes Bullets 101 gr LRX and IMR 4451.