My son's first deer rifle is a 257 Roberts in a Mod 70. Got it used from a LGS that a friend owned. I walked in one day to look around and he told me he had something for me. Went in the back room and brought out this Mod 70 with a cut down ramline stock on it and told me one of his customers bought it for his son and his son did not want to hunt, so it had about 4 rounds run through it. He also gave me the original FW stock for it which is brand new never been carried. Took it home and gave it to my son and he has killed a lot of deer with it. Funny thing thing is he is in his late 20's now and it still has the cut down ramline on it. I have ask him if he wants the original stock put back on it and he keeps telling me no because he likes the way that stock fits him. I have a 25-06 in a 77 tang that has killed a pile of deer that now resides in my safe that I have not shot in years since I got my 270 WSM. That has become my go to for deer now.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.