"Purely looking at the Creed as to it's design and performance, it has few flies...but if it had the 308 based case to source brass, and the same options ie. Lapua brass and ammo options by other mfg. as the 260 does, then it would make those concerned w/the future viability of the round's supply of ammo/brass become moot and the OP would not be asking the question IMO. 65BR"

I was right.........the design, performance have been proven and the brass / ammo options that have flourished since. So much so that sourcing stamped brass is surely far easier now than most other 6.5 rounds in the USA.

No doubt the 284 and PRC case give a nice boost to 6.5 speeds at a cost of bore life, blast, increased cost of components and ammo.

It's surprising the 6.5 - 06 was never adopted widely in the USA. One must give credit to Hornady for getting quality CM ammo out with many bullet options at a reasonable cost vs other cartridges.

I can say, I started with the Swede, 6.5-308, then 260.....then a CM and 47. All have shot well when properly loaded. Good 260 ammo starts with good brass, once you have that and stuff with proper powder, you have great performance. The CM just gets one there quickly and without any hassles.

For the Swede lovers, and I have always admired them and owned several, it's always been a great round since the 1890's - but never had the industry support in the USA for ammo options loaded to it's potential. For handloaders its a top choice and a performer. Whether you get any real incrememental benefit is debatable....and yes I know the CM is a tad slower when both loaded to their potential.

DF - the M18 is an interesting looking rifle, look forward to hearing more how they shoot. The 130 AB has always been my go to for field use in 6.5s, accurate and deadly near and far for me.

Last edited by 65BR; 12/14/20.