Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by kingston
I've been poking around looking for a short barrel for the 870 Wingmaster Mag. Something blued, preferably vintage to match, smooth bore (cyl-imp). The internet seems pretty picked over.

Going about that ass backwards, the day of buying a used 870 barrel cheap is done and gone. Go find used beat up 870 express with a 26" barrel that is old enough that it has the circular spring steel magazine spring retainer.now go find a 10 rd mag extension and put it on.

That's a great idea, Bob.

...with a 10 rd mag extension it ends about a 1/4" past the muzzle, higher cap is more important than a shorter barrel and you don't ruin it for resale. All 870 expresses come equipped with a modified rem choke easy enough to go buy a skeet tube for buck ,slugs or ball yet maintain it's ability to perform normal abilities. Kingston's 870 is the mag model it would be stupid to cut down that barrel. Fact is if he don't wanna go the Express route an after market barrel is another possibility. Lot a things a guy can do before getting stupid and sawing off the barrel of a collector gun. Mb

I'm liking this idea. Where can I get a vintage blued 10rd mag extension? I'll still need another bbl to open up to cyl bore or slightly less.

Use that Google link of yours, bro.

Lol!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH