Hard to believe this thread is going still. LOL.

I've said before and again. I almost always have one or the other one me.

But I go out to pee at night without. We don't sleep in separate tents. I idon' have one on me at camp, but they are close around usually.

I do swap from rifle to handgun once a client has an animal down.

I never carry both. The extra weight is nuts IMHO.

People can do what they want, but it boils down to simplicity. If you ever have an attack encounter its gonna be rare. The bluffs otoh most people think are attacks.

When and if rare hits, you have to kill. Bullet has to penetrate vitals to kill. Has to penetrate CNS if you need to stop it right now.. CNS is SMALL. Moving.

You have to make the call. But as I"ve noted I don't feel bad with a 9 or larger around. I don't feel bad with a. 223 rifle or larger around., There are times I carry large. But there are other reasons than strictly self defense in those situations. And those are generally because I feel obligated to have to shoot the south end of a north bound animal that already has a hole in it. Different situation by a bit. IMHO.

Finally your noggin, not that some posters on 24 hour have much inside there, but your noggin is more important 99.9% of the time than your gun.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....